Monday, August 18, 2008

Dave's Party

I know, its been a very long time....but now I have a story to tell.

Dave's surprise party started this way: First I loaded up my car with things Taylor needed. Platters, blender, plates, cups, plastic forks etc., food and every fan I have in the house as the temperature the last few days have been in the 90's. No problem, love that she needed me for something as she is a big girl now.

I get a call that can I also pick up some balloons? Sure, its just down the road. I'm off to get them and have just shy under a quarter tank of gas. We all know, that I never let the gas gauge light to go on. So I figure, no problem I'll get gas on the way back as I have to get going.

I get the balloons and as I'm walking out the store, two have popped. They bring me more. I get myself and the balloons in the already packed car and another one goes. Of course, screaming every time this happens. "Do you want another one?" no, this is just fine, but am advised that I should keep the air conditioning on because its so hot that they are expanding and causing the blow out.

So I'm driving down the road with A/C on high to avoid only having strings left when I arrive at the party. As I'm driving down the road, I let out a scream only when required. Can't see out the windows and thinking I'm being shot at. I get another call from Tay....sink is plugged, can you stop and get some Draino??? No problem, but must unload the balloons first because I can't turn off the A/C. I drop off everything and find a grocery store and looking for a gas station as with the A/C on used up more than usual...still no light gauge on.

All is well, the party is wonderful...so proud of Taylor and sitting with Mike and Jimmy and they reflect how big the girls are and seems just like yesterday, Mike first mooned them! Great! A new worry. Will he fill the need to do it next weekend? Such a purvert! He can't get enough of Justin and actually offers $200 for 20minutes in the bathroom! What??? His humor sometimes is frightning.

So now we leave the party. I'm parked on a very steep hill facing down. Now my car will not start and not enough gas! We call AAA, that will be 2-3hrs...okay, we take off looking for a gas station and end up asking someone on the street. Get to the Shell and I purchase a gas container while Jimmy is filling it and I'm in line to pay, I'm asked if I'd like to purchase some weed??? NO, just gas. All is well, we brake the container to be able to empty the gas in the car and it starts...off to home as I work the next morning at 5:00.

Thinking my evening excitement is done, I get home to let Georgia out only to see that Abner would also like in. He has been out for about 6hrs. What???

Well, I guess it does feel great to tell my story and laugh about the goofy thing...I'm sure there will be more adventures with Lori at another time.

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

Well thank God and welcome back to blogging! That was an OUTSTANDING story! A Classic!