Friday, January 23, 2009

Mom Just Keeps Giving Gifts

Its sort of hard when I reflect on yesterday...how I can have such a great day when I should only be having a heavy heart?

I spent the day with my brother, Denny. I've already acknowledged that while in the hospital with the girls and Denny's family, that Mom was thoroughly enjoying the fact that we laughed, cried and mended our hearts with each other. But after yesterday, I'm giving full credit to my Mom. Sure we still cried yesterday on occasion but in a good way. We talked about issues that were hard for each of us but knew they were topics that had to be covered and explained before we can completely trust each other again. The elephant has left the room. We still will have moments I'm sure, but I feel safe with exposing my feelings and thoughts as they surface.

Plain and simple, it lifts my heart to know my brother is back! Thank you Mom, once again for another gift....and this one will just keep on giving.

2 comments:

Linda Stratton said...

Lori I am so sorry about your Mom. This is the part of our own aging process that I'm so not looking forward to, loosing a parent. My thoughts are with you all but it sounds like you are sorting it out well, though it is still so very sad. Take good care, Linda

Sheri Nugent said...

Beautiful writing, Lor. Your blogs on Mom are works of art.