Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Mom

These past three days have been more powerful than I could have ever imagined.

My mom is really sick. Her body is not healthy and won't be healthy. Her confusion is real. Even in the hospital bed, she was happy, relieved, calmed as well as scared at the sight of me and my sister. Sheri and I make a great team. What one can do the other may not and vice versa, but together all can be accomplished.

Going through some of mom's things in her home explained to me so much on how much each of us meant to her. She has every card, note, picture, announcement...anything to do with us, saved and treasured. It is obvious how important we each are to her and we are her life. I wish so much she would have moved over here earlier so that we could have enjoyed her more and her us.

I don't want my mom to be scared anymore and I want her to be comfortable and be able to looked forward to everyday with a visit from one of us and not her life being guided by a visit to a doctors appointment. I want her to realize how much we really do love her and will miss her, that this is real and that she can have confidence that it is true.

2 comments:

dave emmerton said...

You forget, she was my mother-in-law. Love the woman till the day i die. Will i be there, oh hell yes.

Taylor said...

Inappropriate to the core. Back off! This is not your time to make threats and bully. She is not your mother so you do not understand the pain she is experiencing. You ride a fine line with talking that way to a grieving daughter.

Do you want relationships with us? Sounds like you don’t with the angry words you throw around like they are nothing.

LEAVE IT BE!