Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tokyo

What a bummer....Charley and I tried to get on our flight yesterday, but it turned out to be full. We also made the decision if coach was available, we still wouldn't go. Snobs??? YES. We thought we'd try again today, but last night made alternate plans to go to Vancouver BC for a few days instead.

It was a bit of planning for the animals while I'm gone and I don't want to change that. Amanda is having Georgia do a couple overnights and then Morgan is picking her up Sunday night. The cats....well I can't put food out for a few days because Big Boy will eat it all up in one sitting. I purchased ($60) feeder that will automatically distribute food up to 3 times a day with whatever quantity I select. Perfect. It is pretty slick and I'll continue to use it even when I'm around. What I won't keep around is the large black plastic I've layed out in the laundry room with 3 litter boxes. The place looks horrible, but this is temporary! Maybe the cats think this is cat heaven...one big litter box???

The flights have instantly gotten full since colleges have gotten out. I don't want to waste the block of time I have off as it doesn't seem to happen often enough, so I'm happy with our new plan.

Once again, he passed the "test". I didn't feel responsible at all for us not getting on the flight and we spent the day just running around and doing nothing substantial.

It was and still is a great "birthday dinner" destination, but now we'll do it again later.

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

That was a great idea - you'll just have to do it again when it's not June. The main thing is that is what not stressful, right?