Tuesday, December 23, 2008

All Things Shinny and Gold

Well I think everyone wants to share with a bit of Christmas delight.

I received a wonderful gift from my overweight, adopted, alpha cat Abner!

He doesn't have the opportunity to bring a mouse without a head, or a bird without one or two wings since he's an inside cat, so yesterday he left me a Christmas gift all decorated with lovely gold curled ribbon. Where did he hide this marvelous gift?...how about the cat box!!

Sure enough, he's obsessed with the Christmas tree and all things around it. He has consummed the gold ribbon on one particular gift. As a result, my gift was about 3" long with entwined gold. This guy is crazy. Last night he discovered the ornament that I received from Mike and Jimmy's annual party. It is a glass bird with an actual peacock feather on it. I don't know if its the smell or what, but he has been caught dragging this 8" long bird through the house. Now mind you it is glass so this could be an accident waiting to happen. So I took the bird and hid it behind my clock on the mantel. Well big boy must have smelled it out because next thing I know all 20lbs of him are walking the tightrope of the mantel with the bird once again in his mouth. He is not very graceful so when he jumped off, along with him came one candle, a picture and two Christmas stockings.

Not to blame only Abner, but so far all paws are pointing to him as I also found one of Sheri's original Christmas Craft ornaments (candy cane made out of salt dough about 20+ yrs ago) partially eaten, and we all know who is food motivated in this household.

Well, I didn't know what to expect with these new cats as this is our first Christmas together....lots of laughs! I'm the winner once again!