Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Sunday

How much do I love holidays??? Lots!

My kitchen table has Easter bags all set and ready for hiding. I've been telling friends and customers what a crazy mom I am and will always be for still making my adult children and their respective husband and boyfriend search and find their personal Easter Basket!

As I am sure I enjoy this hunting event more than most, so I've found the secret to the success and ensuring there won't be too much grumbling, is to make the baskets worth the search. Having great surprises inside the baskets or bags can only be good.

The day is usually pretty predictable....same dinner and I know I'm not allowed to any variation to the menu...I can add to the menu, but never remove an item. What a rule you girls have insisted upon. Then the basket hunt. We all know Taylor will find all of them first and Morgan will just stand in the middle of the room, make a circle or two and them exclaim that she can't find anything and for her sister to help her. Then we all make fun of her and sit back and watch.
Boys and girls...get ready cuz this year I have collected great stuff!

I still strongly feel that just like Christmas with Santa...."those who don't believe, don't receive."
If you still want the Tiffany's box from Santa, don't mess with my fun...if you want a fantastic Easter Basket, you better search for the prize....the winner??? Me!

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

That is so cute! I can totally picture Morgan doing just that. so funny!

Taylor said...

I love that you still do this. Please insist on doing this even when we are old and you are doing it for my children.