Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My garden

You all know how much I love my gardens....my flowers in the front are beautiful and I love that I can bring them into the house and enjoy them. The sterling silver roses are smelling up the kitchen right now.

Well....let me now talk about my veggie garden! This last spring I expanded the garden and brought in new dirt. What an amazing difference this has made. I baby every item in there. I have one fig, lots and lots of zucchini and the plant itself if so beautiful and the biggest thing ever. The blossoms are gorgeous. We will be having lots of green beans and Tyler look out because I already have peppers from the "Salsa" section and we will be making that this fall.

Let me talk about my new berry section....this morning Charley is going to work on my house and so I went out about 7am and picked raspberries and blueberries and now I have fresh muffins cooling! I love getting product out of the much loved and cared for veggie garden.

Yesterday I talked to Dad about expanding the veggie garden even more next year...I guess this is when you can say "the fruit didn't fall far from the tree"...does it apply to me with Dad?


All in all, I'm starting my day with a big smile full of berry seeds!

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

That is so great!! You have such a huge yard - I'm picturing your future garden as big as Grandpa Nugent's! Third generation of gardeners!