Sunday, October 25, 2009

Cozy Morning

This morning my kitchen is filled with amazing smells and so early.

I'm still a bit on east coast time and been getting up early. Good since tomorrow I go back to work. In the past few years, Morgan has been requesting for her birthday dinner (in July) to have a Thanksgiving feast. Well, this year for some reason she selected a different menu. Here I thought I was so smug because I prepared for it by getting an extra turkey, froze cranberries etc. just for the event. Well now its October and I need to cook up this bird! The cranberries have been simmering and the pie is now baking.

The girls make me laugh...Morgan's response was "are you going to make all the sides that go with the turkey?"...Taylor's response "you're going to make that dinner without me?"...(she adjusted her plans so she'll be here now.) Funny just when I start to think my children are such adults, they come through with comments that just make me smile.

I sure love being the MOM.

Rest assure my sister....I am not going to skimp in any way on next months real Thanksgiving dinner and you will have all your favorites!

3 comments:

Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taylor said...

Dave and I are so excited for Sunday dinner! You better make all the fixings:)

Sheri Nugent said...

Wow - am I envious. I can sense-memory smell your house and wish I was there. And I will be - in a month! I can't believe I ever missed Thanksgiving!