Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quebec City

Our flights were perfect yesterday. No flaws and exceptional seats. That is such a great way to start a trip.

It is unusually cold here, as the winter apparently has come about 8wks early. Thank goodness Charley, the king of preparness, checked this out and inspected my packing items! I now have plently of wool sweaters and turtlenecks.

Flying into the city was spectacular...the color of the trees are beyond words. So beautiful. The city feels like being in France, my favorite place! Everyone speaks French and broken English... We had a very typical and amazing french dinner last night. I actually had red meat..steak with parsley butter, frits, salad, french onion soup, lovely french red wine. Charley had duck, rutabaga soup, mushroom risotto and we shared for dessert, little puffed pasties with cheese inside and drizzled with chocolate...you guys, we are all about food, so I will be describing the goodies the whole trip!

While Charley was in the shower, I did leave to get coffee and a plain cake donut...guess where, Dunkin Donuts!

We are going to explore the old town and I am waiting patiently for the slow man upstairs.

Wish you all were here, it almost seems wrong to be in an environment like this without all my family.

(While Im working on the computer, me of all people, am helping this little old man manover the computer as the keyboard is different and they all keep popping into French...poor man, only me to assist!)

3 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Wow! This is so great hearing your first impressions of QC. This really must be a family trip at some point.

Keep the stories coming!

The Wife said...

I'm so glad you're blogging the trip! I was hoping you would.

Sheri Nugent said...

read your email, please.