Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Red Wine

Saturday night Mike had a 50th birthday party for Jimmy...he's so old! He is now an honorary club member of my 37th Club...Anyway, there were 4 couples invited and it was very quaint and sweet. Dinner was amazing and the company, of course, spectacular.

What surprised me was the new wine snobs in the old neighborhood. We tasted, sniffed and downed a variety of reds. Usually this is not my thing...I'm a white drinker, but the reds I tasted this particular evening were amazing. One of the new favorites with the neighborhood is Olson's wine in where else.....Prossor. Right behind Airfield.

Jimmy and Richard are now both part of their wine club and have introduced me to a new color. And the latest studies show...red is actually very good for you?!! Have we been making fun of the "step-monster" all this time for died teeth and lips for nothing?

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

Step-monster's wine cost's $1.99/bottle. I'm sure they didn't serve that at Jimmy's party.

Sounds like such fun! I'm glad you were amongst the favored couples invited.