Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pre-Planning Thanksgiving

Today is a day of catching up and getting ready for the BIG meal....Thanksgiving!

Since Sheri is arriving on Monday, I have been stashing all the Christmas gifts in her room for the past few weeks. Got to move them. How about Morgan and Tyler's bedroom?...nope, they are spending the night also. Okay, then Taylor and Dave's room...again, nope. They also are staying the night. I love that all bedrooms will be filled and the laughter is going to go on all night. So anyhow, my challenge is where to put things....out in the backyard in my new "cottage"...might get damp. So this morning over coffee I have been very creative in hiding everything with the mind set of the Easter Bunny. I really hope I don't forget anything once I drag it all out again. Could end up missing something under the tree.

I also started my Thanksgiving grocery list. Funny how I have always loved every aspect of food. Deciding what I need, making the list, shopping from a mix of stores, filling the food pantry (not to be confused with my book pantry), cooking, eating and this is the really scary part...cleaning up and having the kitchen spotless as if nothing had ever been created and consumed.

Charley is picking up the "Blessed by the Pope" turkey in Yelm this morning and I've had to pull out shelves in the fridge so the beast will fit. Is it possible that I actually need more than two fridges in this house? Where would I put a third? Can't go there, not going to happen.

Family, be sure to bring next week your "turkey eating pants" as we once again will have lots and lots of great eats...anyone have a game they want to bring???

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

I'm excited!!

The Wife said...

turkey eating pants are packed and ready for their stretching exercises!