Monday, May 19, 2008

Bishops Weed

So this weekend with the great weather started out amazing...A bike ride on Alki Beach with Charley and then dinner outside. Lovely and people liked my basket as once again it was used. He still doesn't want one on his bike? Go figure? Then the next day a concert with Morgan, 10 Grand. Just to see this many pianos on one stage was breath taking and then to hear David Lanz play, spectactular. What an evening.

This brings me to Sunday...to everyone else in my family you would consider this work, but I worked in the front gardens from 7am to 2pm. I had to finally stop because my fingers started cramping and now this am my fingernails are tender from being pulled from the skin ripping out the lovely Bishops Weed. Cheryl warned me when I planted it from her garden to mine about four years ago. But I thought it would fill in so beautifully around all the other plants. Wrong. It was taken over and smothered everything else. It is all gone, but as it is a weed, it will be showing up again by the end of the week.

But the weekend ended with Sunday dinner hosted by Morgan. Love your back yard. So cozy. Having everyone together always makes my heart warm.

Today another day off and I'm going to finally plant the veggie garden, prime the rest of the pickets for the front yard. Does this sound like fun to anyone else besides me???

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

Ah jeez.... I think not. Your kind of fun is so productive. What a superwoman!