Monday, January 25, 2010

Apple Peach French Toast!

Let me tell you how very, very excited I am about my trip this week.

Going to Fredricksburg VA....being with Charley's family, dinner for his nieces birthday...all good and it will be fun and interesting seeing the Washington DC area. Always great, but...from there we are driving down to Wilmington NC which takes about 5 hours. Basically from Seattle to Spokane. Last time I did a driving trip in that area (sort of) was with Sheri and Mom. We had a lovely time and I remember the country being to different and interesting. Of course, this time, it is winter and it won't be as green.

I got the pleasure of picking out where to stay. I didn't want your basic hotel even though was Charley's first thought. Stay at the Hilton on the beach where he's stayed before. Nope, but thanks. We can drive the 15 minutes to take a walk on the Atlantic beach. I picked the cutest B&B ever. You have to look at it www.Rosehill.com. We are staying in the Wedgewood which according to my new friend Bob, the biggest and quietest room. Can hardly wait....and the menu, I'm already eager to eat good southern food. Its very close to the Cape Fear River and I'll stroll there in the evenings.

Seeing the Greek Aunties is going to be a blast. You all would really enjoy them....so cute. We'll be eating lots of Greek food as well....do all trips need to be centered around the yummy food? Well, yes.

Doesn't this sound like the best! Thanks to all who have helped with pet sitting for this trip possible. As usual, I'll keep in contact via e-mail, blogs and of course phone. Hugs, Hugs, Hugs.

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

Take us with you! Via blogs and pictures and stories. What a great vacation... I love the south.