Friday, January 29, 2010

Red or White?

With my new status at UAL and the motivation to do something additional in the work world...last night I took a class and received a certificate good for five years to be able to serve wine, beer or even real cocktails in a bar. In a couple of weeks, I take my food serving class.

It almost seems like a dream job area for me. Serving people and making sure they are happy with what I can give them. It would be like one of my parties at home.

"Would you like red or white wine? Or how about a bacon wrapped date, stuffed with blue cheese?" I looked very briefly on Craigslist and here is my example of great fun. Benaroya Hall has an event and looking for people to help during intermission etc to serve. They gave about seven dates to be available. Now that is exactly what I want! No big commitment, pocket money and listening or getting a glimpse of the event. Yes, I'll wear black and white. Another spot of interest....Woodinville winery row. They have people set up for the tasting rooms...now I'm qualified to legally do this. So when will Airfield have their facility set up? I could be on the "on call" list! Or how about, when we volunteered for the YMCA fundraisers...those where caterers hired to dish up etc. The best part of all of this - is I again could be paid to talk just as I do now and love.

This really could be exciting.

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

Wow!! That is awsome! Remember when we used to serve truffles at the Renton Theatre? This is the perfect pocket-money job for you!!

Lori Emmerton said...

I forgot all about that...it was great fun.