Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Belated Christmas Gift

So tonight about 6pm the doorbell rings...do I answer it, nope. I'm done for the day and so like a big girl, I go out to the garage to sneak a peak at who it at the door or leaving the yard. Just some young guy, so obviously good idea to not answer.

Well now its about 7:30pm and I just remembered the doorbell ring and thought I best make sure something wasn't left on the door. Well he left a flyer for new windows, but on the front porch was a package left by FedEx.

Nothing like a good cry before bed. It was from Aunt Nancy and a very nice card with pictures from the lunch we had in Cle Elum in October. Also was a box that she had a note written on the outside with "ML Christmas 2009". She said in her card that she had purchased this item for Mom last year for this years Christmas and thought I would enjoy it. Tacky as heck, but I will certainly put it next to the homemade Christmas Santa Claus Mom made when I was a little girl. This new snowman who is holding an antique (replica) candle will be perfect together.

I wrote a big thank you about how really special this gift is to me and how we made Mom a part of our Christmas on the diningroom table. It reallywas quite beautiful with all the reds in the roses, picture and of course, Mom in glass.

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

Wow - that's really something. Very nice.

now keep blogging on your new computer. Quick and easy now.