Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Art or Embarrassment

So lets tale about tales of embarrassment....The book Twilight. When Taylor read this book and told me "you have to read it!" I thought, please a book on vampires? whatever...but I still enjoy reading what my girls read and so we can discuss different characters, story lines etc...well I basically developed bed sores from the two days I didn't move from the couch to read Twilight from start to finish! Crazy, but it just sucked you in.

I then had my dear sister during her Christmas visit, "just read it"....well she sat in the living room for about two days and had no social contact with anyone but with Edward and Bella.

I have kept this a very close secret that I read Twilight and enjoyed it...its embarrassing. It wasn't that great of a book by any means, but giving credit where credit is due, I couldn't put it down.

The saga doesn't stop....now the movie is on DVD. On Sunday we had a delayed flight to LAX and being in my special role...Global Services. I "entertained" Peter Facinelli (Dr. Cullen) for about six hrs. So on Monday I figured I should rent this DVD and check it out as I am now a bit more fasinated. Well, I really liked it and worse than that, I'm going to watch it again! What is happening to me? I need to finish my book club book, Ursula, Under and guess what...I'm going to read the next in the series to see what happens to Edward and Bella.

Please make me feel better by sharing an equally embarrassing read and/or movie that you've not admitted to anyone!

4 comments:

The Wife said...

I saw She's All That in the theater seven, yes seven, times. I also really like infomerials about cooking products.

Sheri Nugent said...

I think Victoria Beckham is hilarious. I watch anything she's on - and I have read her autobiography. It's funny too.

And don't forget Tori Spelling. I have her book. And watched her show.

Taylor said...

I heart everything Twilight...I'm jealous you got to hang out with Carslile Cullen:(

Lori Emmerton said...

Thank you everyone for sharing and making me feel better about this issue.