Monday, March 30, 2009

MIA

As everyone knows, I wasn't happy with leaving Mom at the funeral home back in January. I'm so glad I picked her up because I was afraid that she would be lost on the shelf waiting to be buried. Thank God I did, as they little yellow sticky note with her name on it could so easily have fallen off and who knows what urn would be buried next to Grandma and Grandpa!

Well I was suppose to take her back to Yakima some time ago, but continually making up excuses why I couldn't. My dear brother, Denny came to my rescue and said he would go with me and set a date. Can't get out of that now can I. As it turns out, we decided that I would take her over to his house on Saturday and he would take her today, Monday to Yakima. I've been blocking it out on how hard taking her off my mantle and letting her go would be. It has been so comforting to have her with me. I can't explain it, but seeing her when I leave for work and when I come home has been very nice.

My sign from my mom has so obviously been the snow she gave me right after I got home in January. She gave me days of swirling white fluff that didn't bother anyone and I know this is her way of helping me through everything as the we always e-mailed or called with every flake we each received...sort of our thing. This leads me to my story...I dropped her off at Denny's and wouldn't you know that morning he had a yard full of snow! I didn't have a flake, but he did. I shouldn't be surprised, but again she's reminding us of how this is okay and that she's okay.

By waiting all this time, and all of us battling over letting her just go, we have decided to keep a bit of mom. I know she didn't say we could, but I know she is skipping around being delighted that we all want her on our mantle. She didn't want to be forgotten and now we can see her everyday like I have been...its so great! The lovely paperweights and wind chimes are going to give us such comfort and mom such joy!

I guess I wasn't suppose to be responsible, logical, timely etc. and take her back. I was just be defiant like always and it turned out for the best.

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

It turned out perfectly! And you summed it all up very well.