Monday, March 30, 2009

Brisket

Last night we had an amazing Sunday dinner.

Its been a long time since I've fixed a BBQ brisket and now can't figure out why? There were eight of us and we ate 11 lbs! Plus a pile of greens, cornbread with honey butter, blackeyed peas and Charley's baklava....what a meal.

I bring up these details with the wicked intent to continue my campaign to get my wonderful sister to move back up here and I will go to the lowest of lowest means to do so.

What if I told you today for lunch I'll be having King Wha??? isn't that another great pull!

Seriously, we had a couple over for dinner that Charley has known for years. Steve went to UofW with him. I talk about my family all the time of course, and it was so uplifting to hear over and over again how great they are and how proud I should be with such a group of girls and boys, which if course again....I am. But being as shallow as I am...I don't get tired of others complementing about my clan.

Now as an after thought...sisterhood, I will be making this dinner for you in just a couple of weeks...no worry.

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

BBQ Brisket - with my sissy's BBQ sauce! Woo-hoo!