Monday, September 8, 2008

FIGS

okay, so we all love fruit and endulge when a certain fruit is in season. We have polished off a box of peaches just last night. We had two leftover from the trip to Prosser and Charley of course having the sweet tooth that he has, needed? wanted? ice cream and peaches. What a delicous combination.

Anyway after much thought, I still feel my favorite fruit is a plump, bursting at the seams, green grape. I love the others, but this seems to call my name everytime I'm viewing the produce section. So after claiming my favorite, I must comment on a really nasty and disgusting fruit...the fig.

Last night Charley and I had dinner with Grandpa Neal, Jackie and one of her BF's. We picked a few figs from the backyard as they truely are Charley's favorite. What a sweet mess of yuck! He loved it and since no one else seems to give two "figs about them" :) he gets to swing by dad's and get them as they ripen.

I guess they are very plentiful in Greece and he as apparently cleaned up many a fig tree like a locus in a field of corn in one sitting. Doesn't this sound like a great three week trip???? Goat and figs!

1 comment:

Sheri Nugent said...

Yuck... and Lorna loves figs too. Puke. I'll take the peaches. With Golden Spoon Old Fashioned Vanilla Frozen Yogurt. Heaven on earth.