Friday, September 12, 2008

Splendor in the Grass

Since my darling, SELFISH, youngest daughter moved and took her own Christmas gift of Splendor in the Grass, the wall still just doesn't look right without it.

We tried Darcy as a joke and nearly wet myself when Dave and Tay put it up on the wall. It was so funny. But I left it up there for about a month. Recently I moved "Homer" and it looks good, but just not great.

I've looked for my favorite film/book antique poster, whatever, of Mockingbird, but they are very expensive....so I must thank my darling, SELFISH, youngest daughter for helping me find the replacement.

Your blog has been showing Monet "Art of the Day"...they are amazing. That was such a memorable trip with all the girls I love to his home and garden in France. I'm going to watch each day and select one of my favorites and one that will cover the big wall in the livingroom which will go with red walls and eggplant couch!

So hooray for helping me figure out how to make this my favorite room again. I'm very excited.

P.S. The iris bulb I took from Monets parking lot still blooms every year as its been planted in France, California and Washington.

2 comments:

Sheri Nugent said...

I have the perfect poster for your wall - remember the GIANT waterlilies poster I have - the REALLY big one... you could put that there... if only there was a way to get it to you.

Lori Emmerton said...

thanks for the offer, but NO. That's not what I'm looking for and I still don't understand what you were thinking when you had this done!!!